Just about everyone, at some point in their lives, is going to need to purchase some type of insurance, whether it is Medicare supplement, health, long-term care, or life insurance. When you are just starting to shop for any of these, the process can be very tedious considering that you have to wade through all of the options presented to you. You get overwhelmed with all of the terms that get thrown at you and you walk away oftentimes more confused than when you started. Fortunately, there are a number of independent insurance agencies that can help you.
Compared to dealing with the big name insurance carriers, the independent insurance agencies can offer a number of benefits that they cannot which provide additional value including:
• Flexibility – when it comes to addressing your personal needs and solving your problems the independent agent has a great deal of flexibility that you may not find with their brand name competitors. If for any reason you become dissatisfied with your current policy, the agent will shop around for another one for you.
• Freedom – independent insurance agencies represent numerous insurance carriers, sometimes even hundreds – not just one. Some even offer medigap insurance (Medicare supplement insurance).
• Industry knowledge – independent agents are just as knowledgeable as the big name carriers, sometimes even more so. The key reason for this is that all of the companies they represent send them informational newsletters and regular updates regarding current events and how they impact the insurance agency as well as your wallet. They get to view the market from all the major insurance carriers and not just the view of one.
• Resources – for the most part, the independent insurance agencies contacts network are substantially larger than your brand name companies. All of the insurance companies that they work with have their own research departments. Since they deal with multiple insurance companies, they have more contacts so they get more insight and listen to more opinions.
• Unbiased opinions – whenever you are working with an independent insurance agent or broker, you want have to worry about a biased or prejudiced opinion or review about the insurances that they sell. Since commissions are the same throughout the industry, the agent has nothing to gain by selling you on a particular company. A good agent will match your needs to the company that best fits your particular situation.
On a closing note and in addition to the convenience and numerous options given you by shopping with them, independent insurance agencies can save you considerable money compared to the big name companies. Because the independent agent tends to shop the market of all the major carriers, you usually get the best value for the money. The best part is their service is completely free to you.